The City of Bristol, TN is hosting a year-long call for photo entries in 12 different sessions during the next 12 months as a means of collecting and sharing images of the community.
The project intends to collect photos of the people of Bristol, the downtown area, and nature and wildlife scenes.
- All entries become the property of the City of Bristol, Tennessee, and entrants will be required to assign the non-exclusive right to use and display the photo to the City of Bristol, Tennessee.
- The City of Bristol, TN has the right to alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo.
- Entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the last day of each session. Sessions are approximately 30 days. Winners will be announced within 5 business days of the last day of each session. No individual may win more than twice during the twelve-month contest.
- In the event the Entrant submits a photo with a recognizable person in it, the photographer will also submit the executed Model Release (attached to the Submission Form).
- All pictures must be taken within Bristol, Tennessee. Photos do not have to be taken during the session’s time frame.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of qualified judges on the basis of how well the image expresses the theme of the session.
- The City is not obligated to display any work that is entered into the contest. The City reserves the right to disqualify work that is inappropriate for display on the City’s public forums.
- Exhibits depicting subjects of contemporary political controversy or that are of a sensationalistic or gruesome nature will not be displayed.
- All photo entries may be displayed on the City of Bristol’s social media platforms.
- Completed release forms (on our website) must be submitted for each person in a photo.
- All ages are encouraged to enter. Parents and Guardians must submit entry and release forms for minors (under 18). Entrants need not be a resident of the City of Bristol. Employees of the City of Bristol are not eligible to win.
- Image pixel size must be at least 1650 x 2200. Winners will be asked to provide larger image formats if they do not make sizing requirements. Images must be submitted digitally.
- Individuals may only enter 3 photos per session.
- Pictures may be taken on any type of camera or smart phone.
- Pictures may be black & white, sepia, color, or mixed media.