Fairmount Park is located at 301 Spruce Street. This park is commonly referred to as Barker Park. This 2.57 acre lot was donated to the City by the Barker family in 1937. This passive park has a number of mature trees and 3 concrete no back benches. Deed restrictions prohibit any use other than passive. The deed also names the park as Fairmount Park.
In 2011, 4 additional benches were installed in the park. These benches are made of recycled plastics and have backs. Due to citizen complaints, 4 boxes, for plastic bags and 4 trash receptacles were installed to encourage park users to clean up after their dogs.