Most City of Bristol offices will be closed Monday, December 25, Tuesday, December 26 and Monday, January 1 in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. Police as well as fire and rescue services for life-threatening or in-progress emergencies may be reached by calling 9-1-1. Non-emergencies or concerns may be directed to 423-989-5600. Residents are asked to take note of the following changes in other City services and programs.
- Refuse collection scheduled for Monday, December 25 will be collected on Wednesday, December 27. Refuse will resume on Tuesday, December 26.
- Refuse collection scheduled for Monday, January 1 will be picked up on Wednesday, January 3.
City Bus Transit and Para-transit
- Transit will not be running on Monday, December 25 and Tuesday, December 26. However, job access will operate on Tuesday, December 26.
- All services will resume their regular schedules on Wednesday, December 27.
- On Monday, January 1, both the city bus and Para-transit will be closed with normal schedules resuming on Tuesday, January 2. Job Access will operate on a regular schedule.
Residents are encouraged to recycle during the holiday season when the amounts of trash generated increase. Paper holiday waste, including wrapping paper (non-metallic only), cardboard boxes, and greeting cards may be placed in the recycling bins. Visit http://bristoltn.org/1008/Recycling-Services for locations of recycling bins.
If you should have a service request while offices are closed please complete an online service request by visiting the City’s website at www.bristoltn.org , click the Request Tracker icon at the top of the page. All requests for City services will be addressed the next business day.
For more information about the City’s holiday schedule and any other services that may be affected, contact Community Relations at 423-764-4171.