Combination Building Permits
Combination Building Permits are now issued by the City of Bristol for both commercial and 1 and 2 family building projects. These permits allow for a single permit to be issued to the person or company responsible for the entire project in place of individual permits for each trade.
A contractor / subcontractor listing is required to be submitted for these type permits along with the permit application and contractor licensing requirements for the State of Tennessee must still be followed when selecting contractors and subcontractors for the project. Please review the Commercial FAQs (PDF) and/or the Residential FAQs (PDF) before submitting your application. You may also contact our office for details if you have questions.
Applications should be downloaded to your computer, filled out, saved and then submitted.
To create and maintain a safe, healthy, vibrant urban environment through community cooperation.
- Residential Building Permit (PDF)
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF)
- Commercial Building Permit (PDF)
- Fire Protection System (PDF)
- Mechanical/HVAC Permit (PDF)
- Mobile/Modular Home Permit (PDF)
- Demolition Permit (PDF)
- Temporary Campground (PDF) Permit
- Electrical Permit (PDF)
- Business Grand Opening Signs (PDF) Permit
- Plumbing Permit (PDF)
- Temporary Cellular Installation (PDF)
- Permanent Sign (PDF)
- Grading Permit (PDF)
- Site Utilities Permit (PDF)
- Amusement Device Permit (PDF)
- Special Promotional Even Permit (PDF)