City Finance Services
Apply for a Business License.
All residents and civic groups must be permitted to have yard, garage, attic, junk, estate sales, etc. Each individual, group, or location is permitted 3 sales a year. The 1st permit is free, and each additional sale permit is $3. Yard sale permits may be obtained at 801 Anderson Street (Room 203, 2nd floor of City Hall). Please contact our office for more information.
Traffic Tickets & Violations
Municipal Court traffic fines may be mailed to P.O. Box 1189, paid in person at 801 Anderson Street (Room 203, 2nd floor of City Hall), or paid online. Inquiries may be made by contacting our Municipal Court office.
Online Payments: The City of Bristol accepts payments online through a third-party company. Please be aware that these are not submitted to City of Bristol immediately. Payments via the third party will not post to your utility account for 24 hours. If utility account is subject to disconnection, please use alternate payment method.
Connect Utility Services
To apply for water, sewer, and/or solid waste service, please come to our office at 801 Anderson Street (Room 203, 2nd floor of City Hall). You will need to bring proof of residency (e.g. lease agreement, purchase agreement, etc.), a photo ID, and social security card. You will be required to pay a connection fee of $30, $40, or $70, depending on the location of service. A deposit may also be required, as determined by your credit history. Please contact our office for more information.
Disconnect Utility Services
To disconnect utility services, please contact our office at 423-989-5500.
Bank Draft Option Available
The City of Bristol, Tennessee offers customers the option of drafting the customer’s bank account for utility bill payments. Please contact our office at 423-989-5500 for more information, or complete and return this Utility Account Authorization Agreement with a voided check. Please fill out the Cancellation Agreement for Bank Account Auto Pay if you wish to cancel your current automatic bank draft.
Utility Bill Customer Inquiries
The City of Bristol, Tennessee’s goal is to provide the best in municipal services. If you have a question about your utility bill, please contact our office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 423-989-5500.
Solid Waste Collection
For residential billing questions or to add/remove trash carts, please contact our office. To inquire about your trash collection schedule or inquire about trash not picked up, please contact the Public Works Department. For nonresidential billing questions, please contact our office at 423-989-5500.
- How much is the connection fee for water, sanitary sewer, and/or trash service?
- How did stormwater utility billing service come into existence?
- What is stormwater runoff, and how does it affect me?
- How did the City of Bristol develop its stormwater utility program?
- What are the stormwater rates?
- How will the stormwater utility fee be charged?
- How did the City determine the amount to be charged on my utility bill for stormwater?
- Are other municipalities requiring citizens and businesses to pay a stormwater Utility Fee?
- When will the stormwater fee take effect?
- How can I learn more about the stormwater utility fee?
- Do you offer payment extensions?
- How can I change the name on my account?
- What can I do if I find a water leak at my residence or business?
- Who is the point of contact for stormwater fee questions?