- Boards & Commissions
- Better Property Board
Better Property Board
- 5 p.m.
- 4th Thursday of each month
- BPB is not meeting in November due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. The original meeting on December 22 was moved to December 1, 2022.
- Easley Municipal Annex
104 8th Street
Bristol, TN 37620
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are provided prior to the meeting, minutes are available following approval.
A 5 member board appointed by City Council for 3 year terms.
Chapter 14, Article XI establishes the board and its duties pursuant to TCA 13-21-101 et seq. All members are required to be city residents at time of appointment and maintain city residency during the entire term of office.
This board shall have and may exercise such powers as may be necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of the Better Property Ordinance, including:
- To investigate the property conditions in the municipality in order to determine which property therein, if any are unfit
- To administer oaths, affirmations, examine witnesses and receive evidence
- To enter upon premises for the purpose of making examinations, as allowed by law
- To appoint and fix the duties of such officers, agents and employees as it deems necessary to carry out the purpose of the ordinance
- To delegate any of its functions and powers under the ordinance to such officers and agents as it may designate
- This board works closely with the city’s Code Enforcement program
- The Code Enforcement Division assists the board in its deliberations