Community Development Advisory Committee
Community Development Advisory Committee to Conduct Called Electronic Meeting
On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 5:30 PM, the Community Development Advisory Committee will convene via teleconference for a called meeting.
- Electronic - Video will be posted to the city’s YouTube channel within 24 hours.
- Individuals wishing to provide public comment should appear at the Ewell L. Easley Municipal Annex, 104 8th St. The meeting will be viewable in the main conference room, and individuals wishing to address the CDAC will be able to do so via teleconference.
- To ensure the health and safety of all those in attendance, members of the public are respectfully asked to wear a face covering (one will be provided for those who do not have their own) and will be subject to a health screening including a temperature scan and questions related to potential COVID-19 exposure or symptoms.
- For additional information, please contact Christina Blevins at 423-612-4029 or email email@example.com.
- Community Development Citizen Participation Plan (COVID-19 update)
- 5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of:
- 104 8th Street
Bristol, TN 37620
Agendas & Minutes
A 9 member board appointed by City Council for staggered 3 year terms.
All members are required to be city residents at time of appointment and maintain city residency during the entire term of office.
The CDAC Committee acts in an advisory capacity to assist in the planning and implementation of projects as part of the city’s Community Development Block Grant, as well as the Northeast Tennessee/Virginia HOME Consortium entitlement activities. They also review projects and services and act as a liaison with the community. Recommendations on projects and problems are forwarded to City Council in the annual Action Plan through the Community Development Office. The Community Development division assists this committee on its deliberations and is charged with carrying out approved activities.
Section 2-121 of the City’s Code of Ordinances provides: An appointed member of the various boards and commissions of the city who is absent from three (3) consecutive meetings without providing good cause therefor may, upon the recommendation of the board or commission, be deemed by the city council to have resigned from such board or commission, and the city council may proceed to appoint his or her successor.