Special Flood Hazard Area Requirements
If your property is in the Special Flood Hazard Area, then you will need to provide a Flood Elevation Certificate and the design, if new construction, must be based on the Design flood elevation. A final elevation certificate must be submitted for approval after the Base Flood Elevation is established to verify compliance with the Design Flood Elevation. If the project will be substantial improvement or renovation of an existing building elevation of the building or other approved flood proofing measures will be required.

Show All Answers

1. What is the current review period for building drawings?
2. Can the drawings be submitted via mail, Fed Ex, etc.?
3. Can we use an expediter?
4. Do the plans need to be embossed?
5. Do we need the contractor's name at the time of permit?
6. Do we need to state any subcontractor's names?
7. Do we need to submit licenses for any contractors?
8. Are insurance certificates or bonds required?
9. Do we need to submit to the Fire Department separately?
10. Do we need to submit either Fire Alarm of Fire Sprinkler drawings with the original permit application?
11. Are energy calculations required?
12. How many permits do I need and who obtains them?
13. Do we need low voltage permits? If so, so low voltage drawings have to be submitted prior to issuing the building permit?
14. Special Flood Hazard Area Requirements
15. A complete set of design professional's sealed design drawings must include: